Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My baby is 3





Olivia turned 3 yesterday, I can't believe how fast time goes by! This was the first year she was really old enough to know what was going on and she had a great day. In our family the kids get to pick a birthday breakfast and dinner. Ever since I banned sugar cereal from our grocery list that is what the kids choose on their birthday, which works for me because that means I don't have to cook! Olivia picked Lucky Charms and all the kids enjoyed them! Then I took Olivia to her first movie. She was beyond excited that she got to have popcorn and soda and actually sat quietly smiling through the whole movie! It was so cute. In the evening we went to a local park and had a barbeque with our immediate family. There was only 20 of us including all the kids which is about 1/4 of what there usually is. This was our first birthday party where we didn't cook authentic Mexican food (which takes way too much time if you ask me!) We went all out American style: cheeseburgers and hotdogs, potato salad from Costco, watermelon and chips. It was so low key, it was great. Even my mom commented on how I actually looked like I was having a good time! I am so so greatful to God for giving Olivia to our family. She is full of life and spunk and we all get such a kick out of her.

No comments: