Friday, April 23, 2010

They're in Germany!

As I write this Sergio and the kids are on their way home. They will leave Germany in just a few hours! Sorry I didn't post the past few days, I've been busy getting things ready and yesterday we had a sleepover with a friend of mind who's husband is also out of town. I got to stay up til 4:00am chatting with her so today I've pretty much brain dead!
Here's the rest of what I know about the boys:
Nati is reading English already! That will make my job of homeschooling him SO much easier next year! He also reads in Amharic very well. He's competitive and athletic.
Ahbel is a character and reminds Sergio a lot of Mateo. He's also very snuggly.
On Thursday they had a going away party for Nati and Ahbel at the orphange they lived in for the past 2.5 years. Sergio said the boys didn't seem sad at all to leave their friends but it brought him to tears! They were also able to get everything on our shopping list so I'm super happy! They bought lots of Amharic books and music, a drum, a coffee ceremony set and some Ethiopian outfits for the boys.
There is much more I wish I could write but I really need to go to bed. I'll post at least pics very soon of our family together!

2 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

Happy to hear the airlines are running smoothly. I hope you got some sleep. Otherwise you will be a zombie before they get here. Yeahh Laci, you made it. The day is here at last!

Paula said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!