Friday, April 16, 2010

Saturday Morning in Ethiopia

I just got off the phone with Hana. They were able to see our sponsored child and had a wonderful time visiting with her and her mom. On the way back into Addis they were able to stop and see some really cool historical sites although I have no idea which sites they were because she didn't tell me.
They were leaving for an overnight trip to Hana's hometown this morning. It's about a 4 hour drive north from Addis (where they are now). Hana is so excited to go back and see her school and church. I'm sure they will have a good time.
Last night Sergio, Hana and Beza went to an restaurant that has traditional Ethiopian dancers. Hana said that she took a picture of one of the dancers that had her hair braided just the way Hana wants to get hers done! That girl knows how to get what she wants! She and Beza plan on getting their hair done sometime before Monday before they pick up the boys. She also said speaking Amharic is coming much easier now, Yay! She said it was a little uncomfortable at first with Beza but now it feels completely normal. I will speak with them on Sunday morning (Sunday evening for them) to see how this weekend goes and then the next time I call I'll be able to speak to the boys!
As for those of us at home, we are counting down the days til April 24! Things are going fine and are actually very peaceful so I should probably enjoy it while I can!

2 comments:

Andrea Hill said...

I am so glad Hana is having such a good time. She should be really proud her Amharic is coming back so fast. Can't wait to hear who its going with the boys on Monday.

Paula said...

I can only imagine how much you wish you could be there experiencing this with them. Praying for you all...