Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Waiting

We heard from our senator's office today and the National Visa Center still doesn't know where our visa approval is. They said it can take up to a month to get to them from USCIS. So we wait. And after searching the Bible for some comfort today, I was reminded that waiting is not all that bad according to Isaiah 40:31
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength:
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not grow weary,
They shall walk and not grow faint."

Now if I could also take that as a literal promise to not be affected by the 8,000 ft altitude I will be at in Ethiopia I'd really have it made! (but somehow I don't think that's what it's talking about!)

2 comments:

Paula said...

Great verse Laci! I'm feeling a little stressed that we haven't received our I-171H approval letter yet and just trying to remember to wait on the Lord...HIS timing is perfect, even when we are restless while we wait!

Andrea said...

What a small world, Laci. Thank God for Paula's blog and that is how you found me. I am so excited to hear from you. Call me if you have any questions about Yakima because I have been at it with them for months. I too believe it is all in God's timing but there is a serious problem with that office. God gives us guidance but we still have to do our piece of work and can't sit back they keep saying they did something but they really didn't. Working on my dossier at the moment but will catch up with you really soon!