Friday, May 16, 2008

Finally!

We got good news from our Senator's office today! They called to let me know that the National Visa Center sent our papers to Ethiopia on Wednesday! I thought it was kind of funny considering that on Thursday morning the guy who answered the phone at the NVC said they still had no record of me! Anyhow, I was thrilled and now we will just have to hope and pray that the embassy receives and opens our file quickly! It is possible that we might be in Ethiopia the last week of May after all, but I will need to speak with our agency on Monday before knowing for sure. I cannot wait to be with my kiddos!

3 comments:

Erica Peto said...

Wahoo!! Great news! Congrats

Paula said...

Congratulations!!! Praying the embassy receives it and you can go get your kids ASAP!

Andrea said...

Laci, this is the best news ever. Congrats! Just remember, everything is ironic with Yakima. It should only take 4-5 working days for your packet to get to ET. The NVC will autocmatically know and they log it as soon as they get it. You would just call the embassy in ET (once your packet gets there) and tell them that your visa re: age on our daughter expires by such date and they need to make an exception! They will work with you, I am sure.

I didn't look at your blog yesterday but I was thinking of you when I read a devotional by Charles Swindoll yesterday. "God wants to use you - stumbling and all. But He won't do so if you refuse to get up". I thought of you because you didn't sit by and trusted Yakima and contacted the necessary people,the Senator, and others.